- NS2 is bad for the environment
Gazprom’s activity has a devastating impact on climate change, Baltic Sea nature and indigenous people.
- NS2 will break apart the EU
Many EU members oppose it. It will make other members more exposed to Russian political pressure and blackmail.
- NS2 is a bad business deal
When examined on its merits it makes no economic sense for regular Dutch/Western consumers.
- NS2 is a security threat
It will reshape the security architecture of Europe making it more vulnerable.
- NS2 is a corruption pipeline
It will bring more of Russian corruption into Europe.
Rethink Nord Stream 2 campaign is brought to you by a coalition of environmentalists, economists, human rights defenders — who are very concerned about the grave costs the project imposes not only on the Russian society but also the damage it would render to European freedom and unity. We believe that the European voter has not been allowed to thoroughly consider this dangerous project, and the opposing voices within European societies have not been heard.
What is Nord Stream 2?
Nord Stream 2 is a new Russian gas pipeline that actually delivers NO new gas to Europe;
Worse than that, it is breaking apart the European Union, and is destroying the environment.
Then why do we need a new pipeline?
EUROPE DOES NOT NEED NS2.
The old one works great, offers seasonal supply flexibility that the new pipeline won’t have and is only used at half of its capacity!
Why is Russia pushing so hard for NS2?
Nord Stream 2 is a political weapon against the European Union.
With it, Russia wants to sideline certain European countries from the energy supply route AND to be able to blackmail others.
IF NORD STREAM 2 is so BAD – WHY DID EUROPE AGREE TO IT?
EUROPE HAS NOT AGREED TO NS2. Europeans have not been allowed to discuss this critical issue in a public forum.
Russian propaganda is working overtime feeding you lies about its benefits. In reality:
- Europe DOES NOT NEED this pipeline
- Europe HAS NOT AGREED on this pipeline
- The loudest voices are those on the Russian payroll.
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE?
Nord Stream 2 will change YOUR life:
- It will affect your home’s energy choices and costs:
- NS2 is putting lots of your gas supply into fewer routes
- NS2 is rerouting your gas via Baltic seabed, increasing the likelihood for long disruption of supply in case of an accident
- Your community’s options on seasonal energy supply options;
- European options on key policy issues: environment, defense, economy